The days remain cloudy, with rain at intervals, but without the wind these last few days. Continue to walk on the beach most days, continuing to collect shells, and just enjoy the ocean view.
Yesterday we watched my B ball team win, (Tom was rooting for the Celtics), and Ernie Bird was projecting his WOO!! WOO!! for both teams at frequent intervals. How about those LAKERS!!
Today we left for Katchemak Bay at 4:30, to enable us to fish the "slack tide" and took our pick of the largest of the small Halibut. Lane went with us and we enjoyed the day and returned with our first of the season Halibut. I made it interesting by catching (more like hooking) 3 anemone. Just so you realize it takes a rare kind of talent to do this!
We arrived home just in time for Lane and I to attend a baby shower. It was so much fun to see all the co-workers, and celebrate the good news that Aimee and Matt are expecting first babies (twin boys) in Aug.
Looking forward for a day of rest and Tom is planning to try out a new recipe with fresh Halibut.
Sounds like fun, mom! Walking on the beach must be nice!
ReplyDeleteWas glad you guys were in AK when I heard that a Cody man was killed by a grizzley. I think he was hiking. At least I didn't have to wonder if it was dad provoking a bear!
Heidi